My backup plan is chickens
Today, September 18, I finally finished the screenplay. I couldn’t take it anymore. It was really difficult because every time I solved one problem, something else would come into my head. A new scene, a detail, a new idea, and if I liked it I had to go back twenty pages and change things again. So for the last few days I’ve basically been going back and forth through the same story nonstop.
It’s 49 pages. It sounds short, but a lot of the scenes are described very simply and will actually last much longer on screen. Anyway, it’s finished. For now.
Some stuff for the shoot arrived today too. I got diffusion sheets for the windows of the cabin so I can control the light a little better, and some cans of haze spray. I tried the haze during the day and it seemed completely useless because it disappeared almost immediately. Then I tried it again tonight with just one light and it actually seemed to work. So maybe it’ll be useful. We’ll see. I’ve already talked to the others and for some scenes we’ll probably smoke cigarettes inside the cabin too, just to get a little more haze in the air.
Tomorrow I’m going to a store with a friend to look for some panels to put on the floor. The cabin has tiles and every time the dolly goes over the gap between two tiles the whole thing shakes, so I need to find a cheap way to make the floor smooth.
A few hours ago I was complaining to a friend about money because, even with people investing in the film, I’ve already spent so much of my own money that I barely have enough left to buy food. She came up with a brilliant solution: buy 100 chickens, get 100 eggs a day and sell them for 50 cents each. That’s 50 euros a day. So apparently my backup plan is now to become a chicken farmer.
The strange thing is that after spending so much time writing this story, I’ve become really attached to one of the characters. Maybe a little too much. I can’t really explain why without giving something away. But I feel it.
Comments
Post a Comment